2012 General Sarge Month of the Military Child Contest!
Monday, April 2, 2012
It’s time to officially announce and launch our 2012 April Month of the Military Child Contest! Usually on Monday’s we announce our Weekly Military Child Salute. But today – and throughout the month of April – we are looking for submissions to our special Month of the Military Child Salute.
This year it’s a video contest!
Check out the special video I made announcing the contest!
Get Those Cameras Rolling!
We want to hear from kids and their parents about what being a military child means to them. Parents can record a short video of their kids talking about what having a parent in the military means and how proud they are to be a military child. Of course parents can also tell us what makes them proud of their military child. Once your video is ready upload it to Youtube to enter the contest.
Leave your video entry as a “response” to this video!
When uploading the videos to YouTube put “General Sarge Month of the Military Child 2012″ in the title and then enter your videos by doing one of the following;
- After viewing the General Sarge Introduction Video click the comment box and then click the link “Add A Video Response” and upload your video.
- Upload your video to your own YouTube channel with “General Sarge Month of the Military Child 2012″ in the title. Be sure to leave us a note letting us know your video has been posted!
- Email your video clips to GeneralSargeContest@Gmail.com
We are taking video entries now through April 20th.
We will then choose our top five videos which will be featured on the General Sarge Contest YouTube channel where voting begins on April 23rd for the top five entries until April 30th. The top three winners will be announced on May 7th.
The prizes include…
- First Prize – Official General Sarge Build-A-Bear Workshop Teddy Bear, a teddy bear tent from Build-A-Bear Workshop and a $40 gift card from Best Buy.
- Second Prize – Official General Sarge Build-A-Bear Workshop Teddy Bear and a Build-A-Bear Workshop $50 gift card.
- Third Prize – Official General Sarge Build-A-Bear Workshop Teddy Bear and a $20 gift card from for kids clothing from Gymboree.
It’s time to get those video cameras rolling and tell us what it means to be a Military Child for our 2012 General Sarge Month of the Military Child Contest. Good luck to everyone!
Two paws up!